Get Your 6.6 on Route 66!
Join Us for Our 8th Annual Run/Walk on Route 66 from Funks Grove to McLean!
On Saturday, August 28, 2021, CORE of McLean, a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization, is holding our 8th annual 6.6k (4.1-mile) run/walk to benefit the community of McLean, IL.
We are excited to once again offer this as a LIVE event!
This point-to-point 6.6k/4.1-mile run/walk starts in Funks Grove (shuttle service is provided from McLean to Funks Grove), with participants running or walking on the Mother Road herself to our new park under the old water tower in McLean, which was funded by previous proceeds from this event. This race has become a much-anticipated must-do for many—join us in having a great time raising money for our community!
"I have to say, I have been looking forward to this race for months and had such a great time I will be back every year!"
–J.S., Spring Valley, Illinois (2019 participant)
A Sweet Start
- Parking will be provided in McLean in the open grassy lot just north of the Mobil station/McDonalds (401 S Main St). (No race parking will be available at Funks Grove Pure Maple Sirup.)
- Shuttle service to the start line will be provided from 6:45 to 7:15 am. Please be sure you arrive in McLean no later than 7:15 am.
- Check in between 7 and 7:30 am at Funks Grove Pure Maple Sirup.
- For that extra boost of energy, take a pre-race shot of pure maple sirup! A commemorative shot glass will be provided in your swag bag!
Get Ready, Get Set…
- The race will begin at 8 am on historic Route 66 near the entrance to Funks Grove Pure Maple Sirup and continue along the Mother Road, ending near the village square at our new park under the old water tower.
- At the finish line, you can pick up your t-shirt, swag bag, and free refreshments.
After the race, proceed to the square for food, awards, and fun!
All festivities begin at 8 am and end at 11 am.
- Get your photo taken in front of our custom backdrop to prove you got your 6.6!
- Dig into some tasty post-race brunch items provided by the Dixie Restaurant.
- Cool off with a Lemon Shake-Up and other refreshments, proceeds benefitting the McLean American Legion.
- Be sure to stick around to cheer along as awards are given for the best times in each age group!
- Find a new friend for life from Ruby’s Rescue and Retreat, who will have adoptable dogs and puppies ready to meet you as well as a silent auction with great items donated to benefit the shelter.
- Check out antique, classic, and new cars, trucks, and motorcycles at a cruise-in organized by Mid State Cruisers.
- Registration is now open—click here to register online!
- Mail-in registration is also available. Click here to download the form.
- You can also check out our Facebook page and event page.
- Register by July 15 to take advantage of a reduced pre-registration fee of only $35.
- After July 15, the pre-registration fee will be $40 (online registration closes at noon on Friday, August 27). Day-of registration will be available for $50.
- Fee includes:
- T-shirt (unisex sizing, super soft cotton blend, charcoal gray with bright yellow printing). Register by August 4th to guarantee a shirt in your size. After that, extra shirts will be ordered and available on a first-come, first-served basis, but sizing and availability cannot be guaranteed.
- Brunch ticket for the Dixie Restaurant (who will have food onsite)
- $3 vouchers toward a food or drink purchase from the Country Aire Restaurant in Atlanta and Parkview Inn in Bloomington, good within 2 weeks of race day.
- Commemorative shot glass
- Gifts from our sponsors
You Don’t Have to Run to Get in on the Fun!
- We need volunteers to help with the activities on Saturday! If you’re interested in getting involved, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or message us via our Facebook page.
- Help us spread the word! Click here to download and share our flyer!
- Or, just come out to cheer on the runners and walkers; check out some classic cars and adorable pups; and socialize with your friends and neighbors! We hope to see you there!
We Love Our Sponsors!
We couldn’t make this event happen every year without the generous support of our sponsors!
Together we're making our wonderful little town an even better place to live, work, and play!
Please visit our Facebook pages: